Sunday, January 3, 2016

My Favorite Apps to Capture 2016

                                                      AntGor/Shutterstock

Happy New Year! I hope 2016 brings everything your heart desires. My New Years Eve tradition is attending a fabulous party with good friends (check out what I believe to be Chicago’s best NYE Party hosted by Chicago Scene). I spend January 1st with the same friends reflecting upon the last year and setting intentions for the new year. We discuss how quickly time passes and how we wished we had better memories of our year. One app that I love is DAY ONE Journal. This online journal allows me to document my thoughts each day (including photos!). It also includes customized reminders, writing prompts, synching between devices, and ability to select entries to share online. It is wonderful!

Who is Danny/Shutterstock

1 Second Everyday (1 SE)is an app that allows me to video journal. This app takes one second snippets of video and strings them into a chronological movie. I love this app because it brings my memories to life. 1 SE also has customized reminders to help me remember to capture a second of video. 1 SE is user friendly and really fun!

                                                  Jiri Hera/Shutterstock
Fitness and wellness are major aspects of my life so this is another area I love capturing with apps. Training Peaks allows me to track and plan workouts and also record progress. This app helps me stay accountable to myself and my exercise goals.

                                                        jreika/Shutterstock
Finally, I love Snack Smart Solutions by Healthy Jasmine, which is an app that helps make healthy snacking easy. I do not like overly complicated recipes or long prep time, so this app is great because I love snacking and learning about creative and healthy food choices. Each snack is balanced with fiber, fat, and protein and within 150–225 calories. And they are delicious!
What are your favorite apps to to capture your year?
This post originally appeared on my MicheleKerulis Medium page (1/1/16).

No comments:

Post a Comment